ACL Main Bearing Set Honda B16/B17/B18/K20/K24 Size: STD 5M1959A-STD
The unique combination of design, metallurgy and engineering come together to deliver what drivers expect from high performance Trimetal engine bearings.
Designed to withstand higher RPM conditions, ACL Race Series Connecting Rod Bearings are available for many of the popular 4, 6 & 8 cylinder applications and feature:
* *High strength overlay plate* with reduced thickness for improved fatigue properties
* *Hardened steel backs* on all rod bearings to improve the support of the bearing lining and assist with bearing retention in the housing.
* *Increased crush* for improved bearing retention
* *Elimination of flash plating* on the back of the bearings to improve heat transfer through the bearings and to maximize the grip between the bearings and its housing.
* *Increased eccentricity* to compensate for bore distortion at high rpm and to assist in the formation of hydrodynamic oil films.
* *3/4 grooved Main Bearings* to optimize bearing load carrying surface area and oil flow to the conrod bearings.
* *Tight consistent wall tolerances* to help you maintain consistent clearances.
* *Enlarged ID chamfers* on bearing edges where required to accommodate large fillet radius on performance crankshafts.
Engine Codes: B16A B17A B18A B18B B18C1 B18C5 B20B B20Z K20A2 K20A3 K20Z1 K24A1 K24A2 K24A4 K24A8
The introduction of Aluglide bearings is another example of ACL’s commitment to understanding and adapting to customer requirements. This is currently the choice of most Original Equipment (OE) manufacturers as the global mandate to have Lead free vehicles is enforced.