Hondata Coil Pack Retrofit CPR Kit
The Hondata Coil Pack Retrofit (CPR) allows the use of 'coil on plug' individual ignition coils on engines with distributor based ignition systems (D, B, F and H series Honda engines). It does this by replacing the stock coil and ignition with an electronic circuit which can drive igniter type individual ignition coils, such as used on later model Honda engines. A Hondata S300 system and US OBDI ECU are required.
The Hondata CPR comes with a wiring harness for your coil packs, a coil pack controller and fly leads for connecting to your distributor and ECU. The CPR is typically positioned next to the ECU inside the car.
- More spark energy than a single coil, allowing a larger plug gap and fewer misfires.
- Individual coils are more durable and less likely to fail than the stock igniter and coil.
- Additionally, the Coil Pack Retrofit can drive a CDI controller if desired.
- US OBDI ECU (not included).
- Hondata S300 system (not included).
- 4 x coils, Honda part number 30520-PVF-A01 (approx $60 retail and not included)
- 4 x coil seals, Honda part number 30522-RNA-A01 (approx $19 retail)
These coil seals provide a tighter fit than those supplied with the 30520-PVF-A01 coils.
- Resistor plugs must be used.
- The coils require a method of retention. B16A, B18C & F22A engines may use the stock plug cover. Other engines require an alternative method of coil retention (not supplied).
- This is a race product. Cranking times may be increased over a stock ignition set up.
- For detailed installation instructions click here.
We Also Recommend
1000cc FIC Honda/Acura Fuel Injector Clinic Injector Set (High-Z) Previously 900cc Honda B, H, & D Series (except D17)
1000cc FIC Honda/Acura Fuel Injector Clinic Injector Set (High-Z) Previously 900cc K, S2000 ('06-'09)