Progress Technology 02-06 ACURA RSX (INC. TYPE S) COIL-OVER SYSTEM
New REBOUND ADJUSTABLE (RA) version for RSX!
Our highly-regarded Acura RSX / DC5 Progress Coil-over system has been updated and released as a new CS3/RA rebound-adjustable system! The "sporty" Progress ride quality has been further enhanced with 24 adjustable damper settings to dial in the ride and responsiveness of your DC5. These CS3 Coil-over kits are perfect for the performance-minded enthusiast wanting to improve handling, control & vehicle response. The new 24-way adjustable dampers are aggressively tuned for wide range of ride control and enhanced handling capability.
The seamless steel front strut housings are CNC machined and precision-fabricated, then plated with an attractive and durable Mil-spec electroless nickel finish. The tie-rod locatons have been modified for bump steer correction. The rear threaded sleeves are stainless steel. The aluminum perch adjusters and spring adapters are clear anodized for durability. Our exclusive take-apart front housings are rebuild-able and the rear dampers are available as service parts (only).
CS3/RA RSX System features:
- 24 top-adjustable rebound settings
- Twin-tube dampers with deflective disc valving
- Shortened front housings for additional wheel travel
- Modified tie-rod location for improved bump-steer
- CNC-machined locking spring perches
- Progress Race springs are wound using high-tensile spring wire
- Includes two custom spanners and all hardware
- Also includes decals and key-fob lanyard
- Requires OEM steel top hats for installation
Available with two spring rate combinations
Street-Sport 350# front / 650# rear
Superior handling with a firm and positive ride quality. This combination is very forgiving and not too harsh. Aggressive drivers will notice enhanced grip, less body roll and less understeer. Recommended for Street HP and daily driven vehicles.
Track Day-Autocross 425# front / 850# rear
This combination includes two new specific-for-this-application spring designs. Crisp turn-in and much less body roll. Great chassis balance near the limit. The street ride is OK on smooth roads, and will 'communicate' small bumps and some harshness. This combination is for the project car that's 'driven on weekends'. These springs will ride poorly on rough roads. This setup shines on the track. Higher spring rates mean less body roll and more front grip. You will notice better chassis balance and less speed-robbing understeer during cornering. Skilled drivers will notice less brake dive and less steering input will be needed, reducing the driver workload. Lots of fun on the track when pressed hard.
What is the CS3/RA all about?
Tune your ride! You can eaily adjust your rebound damping to your preferred settings, and fine-tune the ride and chassis response. The soft setting range is similar to our earlier CS2. The rebound settings have been developed with 24 linear steps up to full rebound, plenty for your track days! This means that the CS3 has our characteristic "sporty" ride on softer settings. Turn up the rebound settings for higher spring rates, track days or some quick 1/4 mile drag launches.
Please note: These RA dampers are NOT available as an upgrade to an existing non-adjustable system!
The CS3/RA system is only available as a complete kit with springs.
- Front drop: 1" to 3" --- Rear drop: 1" to 3"
- One year limited warranty
- Kit does NOT include the black OEM top hats. This kit is designed to reuse the OEM top hats. See instructions below (PDF).
- NOTE: The installation of this coilover system to a stock vehicle requires no additional components EXCEPT: Any vehicles with metal upper strut bearings require the plastic OEM upper strut bearing. Use Honda P/N 51726-S5A-004.
- The front strut assemblies in this kit are rebuildable units
- The rear dampers in this kit are sealed sleeve-over type units that are non-rebuildable. Replacement units are available.
- One year limited warranty
We Also Recommend
1000cc FIC Honda/Acura Fuel Injector Clinic Injector Set (High-Z) Previously 900cc K, S2000 ('06-'09)